Thursday, May 31, 2012

Today I am not going to overeat

That is what I have repeated to myself over and over again, on my first day of getting back on track.  Today wasn't a bad day, I had decide last night after my weekly weigh in and my reaching of my all time high of 384 that enough was enough.  The last few months have been hard.  My uniforms are stretched to the limit, my wardrobe choices are limited, my back, knees and feet hurt (somehow the hip is doing okay) and every time I have to bend down to get something on the floor that chances of not being able to get back up are getting greater.  I knew this would happen, every day when I just shoved food into my mouth, when I didn't track my food, when I stopped swimming, going to the gym, walking the dog. But it is time to stop beating my self up for it.  It is done, now undo it.

One thing that I am going to change this time is screw the time line.  There is no set date for completion of weight loss, it will never be over, my life will always be filled with counting calories.  So I am not going to pressure myself with a number required to lose each week.

All that matters is today. And today I am not going to overeat.

No comments: