Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Step away from the cereal box

"You have the right for your mouth to remain closed, you have the right to Not ingest all those calories"
I wish that would yell out whenever I went near a cupboard or the fridge. I am having the hardest time trying to get my eating under control. I think one of my big problems is that I am so busy at work that it is close to three o'clock in the afternoon before I get a chance to eat, and then by the time I get home from work it is at least 7:00pm and then I am absolutley starving so I will just shove whatever is edible to satisfy me for the moment. Uggg I can't stop it seems. I know I can, I just have to keep trying. What was even worse was tonight I got home and I was too lazy to go grocery shopping yesturday so I didn't have a lot in the house to eat. So good ol captain crunch (which I bloody very well shouldn't have in the house in the first place) was what I ended up eating untill my dinner cooked. So Dear Captain, after your box is empty I am saying good bye to you sailor and all of your shipmates. I have always loved cereal, it is my biggest snacking/comfort food. When I was on a previous weight loss effort, I was once told that when I had a big craving to "eat a box of fruitloops and call me in the morning". I think I took that comment a bit too much to heart! So I am swearing off cereal, sugary or otherwise, only my good ol standby Oatmeal is allowed in the house.

No comments: