Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm Back

I have to say I tried to stay strong in December, but my resolve to stay away from the excess calories weakened by December 15th. I had all the regular stresses that occur in December mostly related to Christmas; family gatherings, lack of time, shopping etc. The worst had to have been all the sweets at my workplace, I work in a industry where you get a lot of Christmas cheer from clients. I mean our kitchen/office counters were just COVERED with every sweet you could imagine. I have a picture somewhere, but I would almost rather not be reminded about it all. After all that indulging I lost all the ground I had made in November. How easily it comes back on. But seriously what was I thinking starting a diet in November?? It is only the worst possible time of year for me.

So you ask why didn't I just shake off the holidays and jump back in the saddle on January 1st? Well number one is I don't make New Years Resolutions. They just make you feel worse when you can't live up to them. Number Two, I just don't darn well do anything until I am good and ready. And I wasn't ready yet. I inherited a lot of stubborn genes right along with those obesity ones.

The good news, I am ready now. No more dilly dalling it is time to get to work. So what, that I've had more then a few false starts?? It is a good time for me to start the journey all over again. I only have one event in feburary that will be a challenge to my will power, and then I am clear till April, and all those events I am fairly confident I can control the menu. Then there are no major holidays until thanksgiving in October and by then I will have made some head way and hopefully developed so good habits to assist me.

Also I wanted to say thanks for the comments on the last entry, I guess I am glad I was missed. I did at one point think about just deleting this blog, but I thought to myself, it is all part of my story, my journey, it would be dishonest to delete it.

No comments: