Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why in the world would you wear such Baggy clothes??

Yes this is an actual comment I received Friday night. It was preceded by hey are you thinner? and when I said that yes I had lost some weight I got that somewhat backhanded remark. On one hand I am glad that my weight loss is beginning to be noticeable, but on the other, I am still not ready to deal with any sort of discussion on this matter. It is still one of my highly personal issues. And while the clothes comment was not meant to be mean it also came from someone who probably spends more money on clothing in a month, then I do in several years. And not only that I was wearing a work uniform, not exactly Au couture. So their perspective is a bit different. But I do try to maximize the use I get out of clothing, but even I will admit that it is clearly the time for me to retire that particular set of scrubs, and probably some others as well.

Second comment I got was " your swimming in that". And then the questions started, why, how long, how much, what are you eating, have you always been heavy, you should do this, you should eat that, my friend lost X amount on X program....... all polite conversation, and with concern. And as I continue I know I will need to prepare to answer these questions because the more people around me notice, the more they want to know about it.


No comments: