Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home sweet pool

My regular rec center shut down last week for it's annual maintenance, boy did I miss it. I wasn't going to quit swimming for a week so I headed to the next closest rec center to my home. During this process I learned something, I have been going to the NICE pool. Now I am not complaining. I am very lucky to live in a city that has a great recreation system but wow, what a difference a short car drive makes! It was very nice tonight to be in a change room with stalls that lock, showers with warm water, and staff that were actually padding the swim time a bit instead of calling TIME on the early side (they also didn't harass us to hurry up out of the change room either), and I could walk there and back. It's so nice to be home.

2 comments:

x said...

I miss my usual pool sometimes lately too.

Erin said...

Yeah it is really funny how you get used to a place, the people in it and I guess the culture. I am not a really outgoing person so I don't come out and talk to the ladies in the change room or anything but they know me by sight, and I feel pretty comfortable there. Who knows as time goes on I might actually become more sociable.