Monday, June 21, 2010

Manual labour

I am not sure how many calories it burns, but I am sure paying for it today. I spent about four hours on sunday, weeding, digging, hauling yard waste trying to make a realatives backyard presentable. I am feeling muscles today I wasn't aware I had. And to make matter even better, the city didn't take all the bags during collection this morning, so I had to haul them back to the garage so when the rain hits the bags don't disintergrate.

So basically I was tired, I hurt, I had worked a full day on my feet and the most I wanted to do tonight was lay on the couch and fall into a coma but I didn't. I would like to say it was due mainly to my willpower and desire to lose weight but in reality my dogs consistant begging did the trick. But here is where I am most proud of myself. I started out the walk saying to myself, just go around the track one time, your just not up to it tonight. Then on the second lap I thought, okay 3 times around aint to bad. So by the time I did the fourth I was pretty pleased with myself.

No comments: