Friday, June 18, 2010

Pain

For as long as I can remember my mom has always been in pain. She was told many years ago that she would be in a wheel chair with in a few years. She was told to stop working. She was told she would be dead. But since she doesn't like being told what to do she hasn't died, she isn't in a wheel chair and she works 12 hours a day.

As you can surley guess my mom is morbidly obese too. She has done great over the years she is down from over 400 lbs to around 250 lbs it has taken her 30 years but I am proud of her, She still has a long way to go. But still she is in pain every single day. She has arthritis all over her body, complicated from years of having to much weight on her joints.

When I was a kid, I was used to dealing with her pain, I didn't understand it, and sometimes when I had to go do the laundry cause she couldn't do the stairs that day, or always bring in the groceries cause she couldn't carry anything, or when we had to stop and sit on a bench in the mall because she couldn't stand any longer, I would roll my eyes and think " it can't be that bad just get up and do it!". I was a good kid but not perfect. I didn't always like being a little adult.

I have been overweight since the age of 4, and obese since I was 13 and morbidly obese since I was 20 I have been carrying all that extra weight on my joints. My knees hurt especially when I am up and down off the floor all day long, and my right hip is starting to ache pretty regularly now. I am not to the point where I am taking pain killers yet, I am just dealing with it. But it has given me a small glimpse of what She has delt with every day and how it hasn't kept her down. It makes me admire her even more.

Just one more reason to shed the extra weight. I am my mothers daughter, and I have seen what the future holds, I just don't wan't to spend it in pain.

1 comment:

x said...

good for you! I no longer wish to live in pain either.