Sunday, July 25, 2010

The panic of public seating

You know the feeling, your going out, maybe to a movie etc. It should be fun, but instead of looking forward to the event you are absolutely dreading it, thinking of ways to get out of it, maybe you can break a leg or get double pneumonia anything to avoid THE moment. The moment where you have to face the seat and pray to god that your ass will fit, that the chair will hold,that your neighbors person space won't be infringed upon. Praying that the next two hours of your life will speed by cause of the pain you are currently experiencing from the chair arms crushing your side fat rolls. Yep a night out can sure be fun.

One day I hope I will be able to just go out, and not have to worry about it. A few months ago, I spent weeks worrying about going to a play in a theater I had never been at before, the anxiety was pretty bad. I was so glad that when I got there I discovered that the theater was fairly modern and luckily the seats were spacious. But just the fact that I lived for weeks with the anxiety and almost didn't go at all. I am so tired of missing out on activities because I just won't fit, or it isn't safe for my weight. I also have avoided going anywhere where I would have to fly, if they made me buy a second seat, I might actually be the first person to die of embarrasment.

No comments: