Saturday, June 27, 2009

Let them eat cake

"Let them eat cake"

At least I am pretty sure I won't be led to the guillotine for that remark.

For each employees birthday our Boss buys a cake. It is one of the few (only) outside your pay perks my boss does (we do not have an Christmas party or bonus, and if you are ever sick you don't get paid for it). I have learned to only get sick on my days off.

So anyways I had an itty bitty bit of the cake. I thought about not indulging, but I decided that if I wanted that piece of cake I was bloody well going to have it. I can not go through the rest of my life not having sweets or avoiding functions because food I "can't" have is there. I know it won't work, I will fall off the wagon and relapse so bad it will be like trying to decontaminate Chernobyl to get back on track.

So I consciously decided that I would have a piece. Now it was just a crappy grocery store cake so it's not like gourmet, it could have been better. But the point is that it was only ONE PIECE and it was a small one.

And I don't feel guilty.

Maybe I can stop emoting my food.

So let me eat cake

or off with my head!

No comments: