Saturday, May 14, 2011

Because I deserve it

I have been treating myself and spending money left, right and centre the last week and a half. I am not used to it. I am so used to scrimping and saving that it feels almost wrong to spend money for stuff on myself. I never have a problem spending the same amount of money on a gift for someone else, but for many reasons I never feel like I deserve to treat myself, that the money could have better uses, that I should go without. But this week that flew out the window, on a whim I went out and had my hair cut, taking off about 7 inches in length (I hadn't had my hair cut in a year), then I hit the sale and Penningtons (North of the borders version of Lane Bryant) and bought myself a summer wardrobe (since mine was sadly lacking) and a new pair of yoga pants, then I had a manicure/pedicure when I took mum out for mothers day. And guess what, I feel good. I felt good to chop off 7 inches of dead hair and have a lighter cut for summer, it felt good to go clothes shopping and get clothing in a size smaller then I did last year, and it felt good to have my nails done, and they have looked pretty all week. I deserved it.

It feels good to feel good, it lightened my whole mood, and outlook. I am feeling positive again and optimistic about my goals.

No comments: