Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to tracking and a change in tracking apps

I got very lax with tracking my eating for a few months. I was ball parking the figures in my mind, which might explain a very very slow weight loss. Now when I first got my i pod touch back in September I downloaded a free calorie tracking app called Lose it! which also has an accompanying website and forum I loved it at first especially since it had a stand alone calorie database but eventually I got bored with the app and found it had limitations as well as a flaw for me. Whatever exercise I logged it added the calories I burned back to my calories I could eat.

So when I put my foot down with myself and decided to start tracking again I downloaded the Sparkpeople mobile app. I have been a member of spark since 06, but like all things weight loss over the years I come and go with varying levels of commitment and success. I am really liking the app, I used to find their online calorie tracker too time consuming, but they have made changes to it and I am finding it more user friendly. The only problem I can see with the spark mobile app, is that you need to have access to the internet to be able to access the food database. Luckily most places I go (work, home, mum's) has a WiFi connection that I can use.

Now I am just waiting to see my results from all this good behavior and consistency. Have I mentioned how very impatient I am?

No comments: