Monday, February 7, 2011

smash and grab eating

I Have been terrible with eating these last few days, very much smash and grab, no planning. It sort of works like this: "I am hungry! oh look there are some crackers, oh hey peanut butter. ummm peanut butter and crackers. " Pretty much like that. I really need to start working on more of the nutrition aspect, and meal prep. Because the trouble begins when I am hungry, and there isn't any food with a reasonable prep time then snacking happens, just to "tide you over" until dinner is ready but really that is just extra calories making their way into my system. Sneaky buggers. I have also had a lack of logging my food, which I have no excuse for, it's as if I totally forgot it was something I did every day.

So there is what I need to work on, along with many other things.

But I do have two good things to report.

1) I made myself go to the gym tonight after work, my brain was giving me every excuse in the bood. "go home first then head to the gym" "you worked out yesterday, you don't need to go today" "your tired you worked hard today". blah blah blah, blah. But I persevered I drove myself into that parking lot because I knew if I went home first there was no getting me back out again.

2)My bath towel actually wrapped around me. Now it is a really really large towel, but I couldn't believe it when I stepped out of the shower last night and realized that there wasn'ta large gaping space leaving me indecent. whoo hoo!

No comments: