Sunday, February 27, 2011

Calorie Cramming

The last few weeks I have been eating mass amounts of food, I have definitely been feeling a bit out of control with food consumption. I guess most people would define it as binging. All right, it's binging. See there I can be honest. I have demolished a box of cereal in a couple of days. Sitting there grabbing a handful of cereal putting it in my mouth and then grabbing another before I have even swallowed. Clearly this in unhealthy behavior. While I am doing this I am thinking, "No! you don't need these extra calories!" But something else is saying "more, more, more, more." Is it my brain? I don't really think it is conscious thought. Is it some brain chemistry gone haywire? Is cereal, and rice cakes my cocaine? is there some emotional trigger setting me off? Work is the same stress level as always not too much has changed, and there is nothing in my personal life that is bothering me, in fact I am happier then usual. My schedule was messed up last week and am still recovering from that. Whatever the cause, I need to stop the symptom. I just don't know how.

No comments: