Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Control

Well here we are on day 4 of this renewed effort, the latest wake up call. I think I am doing pretty good, I am feeling upbeat and positive, I haven't had any major cravings, or gone on a out of control food binge, Sure I know that this won't last, I am still experiencing the euphoria from finally doing something.

Just being in control of what I am putting in my mouth is making me feel so much better. I know I have always been in control of what I eat, however before I would try to stay on the wagon, but my heart wasn't into it, so then I would just eat and eat and eat, like I was never going to get to eat again. I also was eating like I would soon be cut off of chocolate or candy or restaurant food when I finally did start watching what I eat. And rationally I know that's not true, that I can have those foods, just not a lot or too often. I will be holding off for a while just taking a break from the sugar overload that was october.

I have written down everything I have eaten for 4 days now, and my caloric intake has been pretty reasonable, less then I thought, but I am also making conscious food choices, and not eating mindlessly.

No comments: