Saturday, November 1, 2008

Diet mode switched on

Losing weight has been an ongoing project for a long long long time, since I was 4. I have had periods of success, periods of failure, and periods of no change at all. During my periods of no change and failure I haven't felt any real energy to devote in the actual process, I tend to sabotage, or make excuses, deny possible consequences. I'm not stupid, I know that I am going to gain weight, when I eat more and exercise less (or not at all) but nothing will get me moving in the right path until I am good and ready. I have always imagined it to be like a light switch that I am off with no light and then all of a sudden the switch has been turned on and it is time to be successful again. The thing is that the switch will come on in its own time, by a series of factors or experiences but there is just no willing it to come on. Believe me I have tried.

The good news is that the switch has been turned on! Yeah I can start to move forward now. Why it has turned on there are various reasons but I am just glad it has. I finally feel more positive about everything.

No comments: