Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jillian Michaels Kicked my ass

Because of a busy day and time constraints, I knew I would not be able to hit the pool but I still wanted to get some exercise in, something to help keep my calories in check this week since I will be eating out at least 3 times, maybe 4! So I cracked open the 30 day shred and grabbed out my mat and runners and gave it a shot. Wow. It really opened my eyes. Now I know I am severely obese, and yeah I can't do a lot of things but I thought with all the swimming, and walking, and the physical aspects of my job that I had some endurance. Well I don't! 30 seconds of jumping jacks just about killed me. Eventually I ended up just jumping up and down moving my legs while using my arms to stop the up and down of my abdominal fat. And even though during the video she expressly said not to, I was forced to take a few seconds break here and there. I also was unable to do some of the movements, I just can't make my body move like that yet. I am sure this will all come in time, the endurance, the ease of movement, but it is going to take a long long time and lots of hard work. 20 mins was sure a work out, and I hurt!

I think that just that work out alone makes me realize I never want to be on the BL. Man if that continued on for hours and hours. No wonder those people are screaming and crying! I would much rather do this slowly at my own pace.

I may not actually do this every day.....yet. I need to work my way up to it. But I will do it!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

JM definitely kicks your ass enough without having to deal with her in person. Bob is easier to deal with in his DVDs. He is the kinder, gentler trainer. I like Bob. I like Jillian too. I'm just sort of afraid of her. LOL