Thursday, November 25, 2010

Writting in batches

I find that I tend to write posts in batches, instead of sitting down and regularly writting something say once a day I tend to sit down and write 3 or 4 posts on what ever I am thinking and just schedule them for later, or just let them sit in the drafts section until I feel like I am ready to post. Which is kind of funny since I might write about feeling some way but might feel totally different once it gets posted. I have about 10 sitting as drafts because I either started something but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, I had a thought to jot down and I will go back and finish it later, or it just turned out too personal and I am just not ready to share it yet.

The whole point of a blog is to share your experience with others, get some feedback, some support maybe work out some issues. But it would seem that by posting about something that happened a week ago I should not be getting the benifit. But actually I am, because just the act of writting my problems down help me feel better about them. I have always been like that. I am an avid journaler (is that a word?) I have been writting in personal journal (offline in an actual book! how retro is that) since I was 10. (I actually lost my first journal in a move many years ago, do you know how much I wish I could have that back! To see what 10 year old me was thinking?) and I can't explain how much that has helped me over the years, plus it is a real hoot sometimes to read it 5 or 10 years later. My handwritting is rather hard for even me to decipher and it wasn't any better then.

Weight loss, the desire to lose, the hurt feelings, the lack of self esteem or some aspect of that problem is probably included in every entry in my journals, it is such a big part of my life but I have noticed that the more entries I write on this blog, the more successful I am at losing weight. That hasn't always happened when I write in a journal.

No comments: