Saturday, October 2, 2010

I *heart* my ipod touch!


I wanted an i pod touch. I wanted one really really really badly, but I told myself no. You don't need that, you can live without it, you should use that money to pay off more debt.
damn practical Erin, can't get anything past her.

Then since I was visiting the website all the time eyeing it, getting to know all about, basically drooling over it I started looking around at the apps, and low and behold.....

weight loss, there's an app for that.

okay way more then one. There are several apps for fitness, calorie counting, tons of stuff.

I finally had a way to get past practical Erin, I needed an i pod touch, for my health! (snickers evilly)

Oh sure I could still do a paper accounting of my food intake, or even an online one on spark people, but it wasn't right there with me, and not very discrete to be carrying around with you. But no one questions you playing with your i pod. So I gleefully broke down and ordered one from Apple (to appease practical Erin, I bought a refurbished one at a lower price). And then I painfully waited until I had it in my hot little hands!

So anyways I have had my i pod touch for a little over two weeks now, and it is my constant companion. I LOVE it! I downloaded a bunch of free apps, and have been playing around with them. I especially love the one I use for logging my food and exercise. It is simple, and when I am contemplating whether or not I am going to put something in my mouth, I can whip out my handy dandy device and check on how many calories I can still consume today in my caloric budget.

I am pretty sure that is what helped me lose 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks and get over my long WL pause of August and September. It definitely helped plump up my enthusiasm and energy for this whole process. And I totally love all the other applications and a few games I have downloaded.


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I recently got a Droid phone and I feel the same way about it. The fitness apps that use GPS to track and log your walks/runs are just too awesome for words. Also, there are barcode scanner apps that allow you to scan food in and it pulls the nutritional information using that so you don't even have to type it in.