Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My poor sad swim suit part 2

It's hard to believe that it was way back in May 09 that I wrote about my poor sad swim suit, and how it desperately needed replacing. I did buy a new suit in April when I was away for the weekend and forgot to bring it. It was a cute swim dress type suit purchased from a plus size retailer, and it lasted me till June. It quickly fell apart and was unsuitable to actually swim in. Which totally leads me to believe that the designers of the suit don't believe that someone needing a size 30 swim suit would actually be swimming in it, rather then just floating. The skirt stretched out so badly I felt like I was swimming in a dress from little house on the prairie. So I went back to my blue suit, now even more beat up then before with it's sewed up straps and requiring a shoelace to tie the back up to make sure I stay decent. But the blue suits days are numbered.

By the way do you know what a pain in the behind it is to shop for a plus size swimsuit in October! After quite a few hours surfing some websites and finally finding one that will ship to Canada ( why it is such a big deal to ship from the states, I don't understand, we are on the same continent for goodness sakes.) I purchased two suits. One is a size 26 and one is a size 24. I hope they fit, or at least I hope they fit by the time my blue suit bites the dust. They should be arriving soon. In fact I am currently waiting for fed ex to arrive and deliver them. I can't help but be excited who doesn't like to get new things.


3 comments:

x said...

I like swim outlet.com and uniquely me for plus sized swim suits

Kimberly said...

I did the same thing when I joined the Y, except I bought mine in November. I bought it off the rack @ Avenue and there was only one in my size.

This is an example of really poor planning.

Erin said...

There were a couple of suits on swim outlet I wanted to buy but with they wouldn't ship across the border unless I used that third party shipping service, but that just added to much of a price tag. I will have to try uniquely me next time. I ended up purchasing from swimsuitsforall.com, I will see how happy I am with them once I actually get them.