Monday, January 10, 2011

First Gym experience

Well it wasn't so bad. I had feelings of trepidation, but I was also slightly excited (go figure?). I headed to the gym right after work, and met up with my friend and her mum. They had come early to try out a zumba class but weren't that thrilled with it. We are going to try another one on Sunday when I can go. It was more of a get to know the place and machines. I did some cardio on the treadmill and elliptical, and some weight machines. Then we hit the pool. I am not as thrilled with the pool, but I think that is because I have been at a pool where that is the main focus. I am thinking I may keep my membership at the rec center up, so that I can do some swimming there still (I still have several months to go before that expires). I really need a lot more instruction regarding exercises etc, but I will muddle through, I know that there are a lot of great resources out there like spark people etc.

No comments: