Sunday, January 2, 2011

Yeah! 2011 is here

I am very relieved to be welcoming the New Year. For most of December I felt like, "is it January yet?" It will be so nice to be able to get back into my routine and not have the dread of holiday feasting to live with. The pool is back open this week, it will be so great to get back in the water, it has been three weeks since I got my feet wet (so to speak). And the Christmas goodies will clear away from the office, only the stuff no body likes is hanging around now. I could have done worse over the holidays, and I could have done better. I did very well until Dec 24th, when as the poor suckers who had to work we decided to throw ourselves an impromptu party and order in Chinese food and then it was a free for all calorically from then on. Then there was the chocolate consumption, I alone consumed an entire box of turtles. At least this was over the period of 5 days. No excuses I know, but I was fighting those lovely hormones at the time.

Finally it is a new year, a new decade, how exciting. I was thinking on what kind of outlook I usually have at the beginning of a new year, and usually it is really negative, for example;

"Gosh how could you get so fat"
"Another year gone and still fat, what a waste."
"you'll never get it off"
"I guess I will give it another try! But I just can't do it" .

But this year I feel really optimistic regarding, well just about everything not just weight loss. Someone must be slipping me the happy drugs without my knowledge.
I lost 47 lbs in 2010 and I fully intend to continue on with that pattern.

Happy New Year, Here's to a new you.

No comments: