Sunday, January 16, 2011

Workout

Headed to the gym again today, I hadn't been able to get there since Wednesday afternoon due to work. I did go for a swim on Thursday at the rec center, so I am averaging every other day physical activity. I did 30 mins on the elliptical. It really felt great, I can't believe I maintained an activity at a fair intensity level for that long. I was going to do some more cardio on the treadmill just a brisk walk, but my friend suggested we check out the yoga class. It turned out great. I haven't taken yoga except for a free class in college I enjoyed it then but I was a bit worried it would be too advanced. I shouldn't have worried some poses were hard to do, some I just can't do simply because my belly is in the way but the instructor told you what to do if you were having difficulty. I felt quite relaxed after the class and my friend and I have decided that we are going to make a routine out of that for our Sundays, head to the gym for a work out and go to yoga on Sundays. It is really nice that we now have an shared activity we can go and do together, something that is healthy and we are not stuffing our faces.

My laptop has decided to give me problems and is in for service, so I am without a computer for now and that means I am also without my main source of entertainment, since it also acts as my TV, my reading material and my DVD player. I am hoping it is not an expensive fix.

No comments: