Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First weigh in of the New Year

Down 3 lbs. Back down to my pre holiday weight of 330, almost to the 50 lb mark.

My Best friend and her entire family are joining up to a gym for their new years resolution for getting into shape. My friend is a big negotiator and is haggling with the gym regarding fees etc. She called me up tonight and asked if I wanted in and the price she has given is great so I said yes. But I don't know if I am ready to face a gym yet. For one thing, at least I will be in good company, so I won't be facing it alone, but I don't know if I am up to handling classes etc, and I am still so self conscious being seen exercising in public. Another bonus is my friend and I would be spending more time with each other, also a big new years resolution with us. We tend to let our busy lives take over and we haven't gotten to see each other too much even though she has moved back to the city.

I am sure there will be people who stare, but I guess at this time of the year there will be lots of unfit people who will be at the gym. I just need to get over my self consciousness.

No comments: