Monday, January 31, 2011

Saying it out loud

I never thought in a million years you would get me to verbally say my weight out loud. Maybe to a very close family member, only under duress to a friend, outright lie about it on a drivers license, but Never ever ever ever to a stranger.

But lately with this whole gym experience I have been saying it a lot. They all ask, from the membership coordinator, to the trainers, It is the first thing. How much do you weigh? How old are you? How much do you want to lose? What is the time line?

330, 330, 330, 330!

And I swear I am even starting to say it without pause, without shame attached. Almost nonchalant.

That is huge, for me.

I weigh 330 lbs (actually 328 now!) It is a fact, a statistic, a number. That is all. Yes that number represents a whole lot of work to be done. But I am working at it.

1 comment:

x said...

its only down from there :)