Monday, January 3, 2011

Making Goals, not resolutions

So weight loss is not a New Years resolution this year. Why not? first I haven't made a resolution I haven't broken so I don't make them. Secondly I was already losing weight last year so really it is a continuation, not something new.

But I have a goal in mind for 2011.

Now because of past failures, I was very hesitant to state any sort of timeline or put to much pressure on myself regarding numbers and results. I was just seeing how it went. I wasn't very confidant in my myself or my mission.
But thanks to a whole wack of optimism from goodness knows where (this is awfully strange to me I am naturally a pessimist) I suddenly have confidence, I will do it, I will succeed. I am amazing, and awesome, and will kick my ass outta here.

So here it goes......in 2011 I will lose 100 lbs. *eek there I said it out loud*

Yes it sounds like a lot but I am looking at it like this, each quarter of the year, I need to lose 25 lbs. Now see doesn't 25 lbs seem doable?

So here goes my first quarter of the year, January to March, starting weight 333, (but weigh in is on wed and I need to account for all that extra eating and chocolates confessed to yesterday). With 13 weeks that means I need to lose 1.9 lbs a week.

No comments: