Saturday, January 29, 2011

The rest of the "Gym" sessions

I have finished the rest of my Gym introduction sections, or where they try to sell you stuff in a 1 hour period.

Two of the sessions were workouts with a trainer. The first one I had the same guy from when I was all measured up. And I still found him mildly insulting. He really tried to sell me on the purchasing personal training sessions which I informed him I could not afford end of story. He kept saying how he didn't feel right "putting his name to this" since I didn't know what I was doing but in the end since I still wouldn't budge he showed me some of the gym machines and did give me some instructions. Workout number 2 was with a young female trainer, who was nice, but promptly forgot my name and called me "sweetie" the entire time. She gave me the sell spiel but dropped it when it wasn't promising. She did an actual workout with me, that I could still feel the next day.

The nutrition session was a big sales session as well basically I learned nothing from it but if I paid X amount of dollars every 2 weeks and came in for a 10 min session once a week I would learn the big secret to losing weight. Huh, imagine that. I declined.

The last session was Boxing. The Boxing gym isn't included in the membership. However boxing was fun. You can't go wrong when you get to punch things! The guy was pretty straight forward and didn't say a bunch of crap to try to make me buy a membership. And at the end of the 45 mins I was exhausted. I also learned I need to make skipping a priority, cause seriously I was supposed to skip for 2 mins and could barley go 10 seconds straight. Man I am out of shape!

Now I am done their introductory session, they can leave me alone and I can do my own thing. There is no doubt I need instruction, direction, and occasional motivation but when I feel that I have come to the point where I need a change I will think of buying some personal training sessions or a boxing membership. But until then bugger off with your sales pitches!

No comments: