Friday, May 29, 2009

Living one day at a time

It is all I can really do right now. I can't allow myself to think to next week or next month or next year. I can only focus on the present. I can really only focus on surviving THIS MOMENT, THIS DAY. I am just focusing on remaining in my calorie range, and getting what exercise I can in. And hopefully with enough of these good days all racked up together I will accomplish my overall goal. I guess it is also true that if I screw up one day tomorrow is always a new day. I have quit so many times before because I screwed up after 5 days, 15 days, 3 weeks and I felt bad or guilty or that I failed. So I just let the bad days pile up on one another until there didn't seem to be a point to trying to eat healthier. A self fulfilling prophecy of failure. So I think that if I can rack all my "One Days" to equal 9 weeks, then I might be able to handle a bad day now and again. I need to succeed for awhile.

P.S. This is why I am posting all these annoying little Day 1 posts to keep myself honest.

No comments: